By: Matt Rothman
For one last time during the regular season, three high school football teams in Coconut Creek competed Friday Night.
North Broward Prep
With any hopes of possibly making the postseason, North Broward Prep needed a win. They were able to get it against Archbishop McCarthy High School to move to 5-5 on the season on Thursday.
Deandre Desinor shined again with 165 yards and three more touchdowns. He has rushed for 1,245 yards this season and has 21 total scores this year.
Monarch High. School
Monarch High School completed a terrific regular season with an 18-7 win over Deerfield Beach High School. The Knights moved to 8-2 this year and head into the postseason as a District Championship. The last time Monarch had more wins in a regular season was in 2014. Also, the last time the Knights won a District Championship.
Coconut Creek High School
Coconut Creek High School had its five-game winning streak end after its loss to Miami Palmetto Senior High School. The Cougars head into the postseason with a record of 6-4.
Next, all three teams will await to see who will play in the postseason. The brackets are set to be released on Sunday, Nov. 6, at 11 a.m.
Got News? Send it to Margate Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Parkland Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.06.08Monarch Football Team Wins 7×7 Tournament at UF: 2 Players Pick Up Offers
- News2023.06.03Monarch High School’s Star Quarterback AJ Hairston Makes College Pick
- News2023.05.30District and Regional Champ Michael McGrath Makes College Pick
- News2023.05.23North Broward Prep Baseball Makes Run to 3rd Straight State Championship Game