By: Matt Rothman
Coconut Creek High School football continues their incredible season with a fourth straight win Friday night in their final District Game.
The Cougars defeated Deerfield Beach High School and outscored their opponents 175-20 during their streak, consisting of wins over Fort Lauderdale, West Boca Raton, McArthur, and now Deerfield Beach High School. They are now 6-3 this year, with Jamarie Hostzclaw rushing for a pair of touchdowns in the latest win.
Davarri Morris and Godson Sinline scored as well, while the Cougars had three interceptions returned for touchdowns, including two in the first quarter, to race out to a 19-0 lead. Aundra Atterbery, Elijah Cannon, and Jeano Robinson had the defensive touchdowns. Jeff Hernandez also recorded four extra points.
Next, the Cougars are set to play their final regular season game of the season on Thursday, Nov. 3, at 7 p.m against Palmetto High School. The Panthers are 4-5 this year with wins over Killian, Coral Gables, Edison, and South Dade High School.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Monarch Baseball and Softball Dominate in Wins; Star Player Commits
- NewsFebruary 18, 202410 Monarch Football Players Officially Sign; 2 More Announce Commitment
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Monarch High School Hosts Senior Night and Postseason Games
- NewsJanuary 31, 20242 Monarch High School Football Players Announce Their College Picks