By: Matt Rothman
The Eagles improved to 1-1 and avoided an 0-2 start for the ninth straight season after falling 33-0 to Somerset Academy in their home opener.
“The kids responded, and we have been preaching about toughness and how you respond to losing,” said Coach Rex Nottage. “The coaches did a heck of a job coaching these boys up. I was very pleased with the effort from both the players and coaches.”
Offensively, Marcus Dixon had eight carries for 121 yards, recording a pair of rushing touchdowns. Tyler Shattuck threw a pair of touchdown passes to wide receiver Branden Hoch. Anthony Mestre and Caleb Makovsky had rushing touchdowns. Gian De Castro also recovered a fumble and returned it for a score, while the Eagles also blocked a punt in the end zone, which Jack Wigginton recovered.
Eagles on the road at Archbishop McCarthy tonight! Tyler Shattuck to a diving Branden Hoch to put NBP up big as we head to the 4th quarter! The Eagles look poised to move to 1-1 on the year! #eaglepride @NBPSEagles pic.twitter.com/4K9t4chBuE
— NBPSAthletics (@NBPSAthletics) September 3, 2022
Also, Coach Nottage complimented the play of Michael McGrath, Trey Vestal, Zander Mesidort, and Ethan Phillips for their work defensively. The Eagles also scored the most points in a game since defeating Pembroke Pines Charter 57-0 in 2017.
The Eagles are set to play Pembroke Pines Charter in their next game on Friday, September 8, at 7 p.m. The Jaguars are 2-0 this year with wins over Northeast High School and Coral Springs Charter.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- NewsSeptember 26, 2023North Broward Prep Goaltender Zach Brown Announces College Pick
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023North Broward Prep Scores 4 Touchdowns in Loss to Saint Andrew
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Monarch Football Records 4th Win; Another Defender Makes College Pick
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Coconut Creek Football Records Fourth Win: Girls Volleyball Wins First 2 Matches