By: Matt Rothman
The Knights also improved 1-0 for the fifth time in six seasons and have outscored their opponents 226-24 in victories.
Monarch jumped out to a quick 8-0 lead after an 80-yard kick return by Samari Reed before A.J. Hairston threw two first-quarter touchdown passes to give the Knights a 22-point lead. Joshua Pena caught a 55-yard pass and had a score from 68 yards. Hairston also added rushing touchdown and Corey Ebert had a 55-yard interception return for a touchdown.
After winning five games last year, the Knights look to build on that this year. They are set to play Atlantic High School in their second game of the season on Friday, September 2, at 7 p.m. after they fell 39-38 in their first game against Palm Beach Garden High School.
ORIGINALLY WE REPORTED THAT #1 COLLIN BENDER SCORED TWO TOUCHDOWNS. HOWEVER, IT WAS #1 JOSHUA PENA.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 27, 2023North Broward Prep Basketball Begins Season 2-0 With Dominating Wins
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Monarch High School Football Makes History With 1st Regional Championship
- NewsNovember 24, 20232 Monarch Football Players Commit Days Before Regional Championship Game
- NewsNovember 18, 2023Monarch High School Football Advances to Regional Championship