By: Matt Rothman
The North Broward Prep golf team continued to make history in the postseason.
Not only did the boys’ team advance to States, but NBP set a school record by shooting three under as a team in Regionals led by Max Lobdell, who tied for fourth individually with a 70 at Plantation Preserve.
Cruz Allegianis recorded a 71 to finish tied for eighth, while Filippo Martelli and Sean Richards shot a 72. Cooper Roth also competed for the Eagles. NBP finished two shots off first place after American Heritage Broward took first place, while Archbishop McCarthy also shot under par to come in third.
The boys then competed In states at Mission Inn Resort & Club in Howey-in-the-Hills and finished in seventh place out of 16 teams. Their low score came from Sean Richards, who averaged a 75 in his two rounds. Martelli finished second, followed by Allegianis, Roth, and Lobdell.
The lone player from the girls’ team to states was Camilla Terzolli after shooting a 72. Aryanah Ahmad, who came in first individually in Districts for teams that didn’t advance, finished tied for 17th in regionals after shooting an 80.
Terzolli followed that up at States by finishing tied for eighth, nine shots back from Alexandra Gazzoli from Matanzas High School.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Monarch Baseball and Softball Dominate in Wins; Star Player Commits
- NewsFebruary 18, 202410 Monarch Football Players Officially Sign; 2 More Announce Commitment
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Monarch High School Hosts Senior Night and Postseason Games
- NewsJanuary 31, 20242 Monarch High School Football Players Announce Their College Picks