By: Matt Rothman
The North Broward Prep golf team continued to make history in the postseason.
Not only did the boys’ team advance to States, but NBP set a school record by shooting three under as a team in Regionals led by Max Lobdell, who tied for fourth individually with a 70 at Plantation Preserve.
Cruz Allegianis recorded a 71 to finish tied for eighth, while Filippo Martelli and Sean Richards shot a 72. Cooper Roth also competed for the Eagles. NBP finished two shots off first place after American Heritage Broward took first place, while Archbishop McCarthy also shot under par to come in third.
The boys then competed In states at Mission Inn Resort & Club in Howey-in-the-Hills and finished in seventh place out of 16 teams. Their low score came from Sean Richards, who averaged a 75 in his two rounds. Martelli finished second, followed by Allegianis, Roth, and Lobdell.
The lone player from the girls’ team to states was Camilla Terzolli after shooting a 72. Aryanah Ahmad, who came in first individually in Districts for teams that didn’t advance, finished tied for 17th in regionals after shooting an 80.
Terzolli followed that up at States by finishing tied for eighth, nine shots back from Alexandra Gazzoli from Matanzas High School.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- NewsSeptember 26, 2023North Broward Prep Goaltender Zach Brown Announces College Pick
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023North Broward Prep Scores 4 Touchdowns in Loss to Saint Andrew
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Monarch Football Records 4th Win; Another Defender Makes College Pick
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Coconut Creek Football Records Fourth Win: Girls Volleyball Wins First 2 Matches