By Kevin Deutsch
A man was stabbed in his chest at a Margate pool hall Sunday, police said.
The attacker, a “known patron” of Masters Billiards at 205 S. State Rd. 7, stabbed the victim around 12:15 a.m., according to Margate Police Department records.
After being stabbed, the victim left the pool hall and collapsed outside a nearby CVS store, police said.
He was rushed to Broward Health North with a non-life-threatening stab wound, according to the records.
Police set up a perimeter in the area to try and capture the attacker, using the K-9 unit and a Broward Sheriff’s Office helicopter in their search.
The stabbing victim, whose name was not made public, “later declined any further cooperation” with law enforcement, police said.
No arrest has been announced in the case.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.11.262 Arrested Amid Violence at Margate Fair as Police Shut Event Down Early
- Crime2022.11.25Man Opens Fire on Margate Police, Faces Charges of Attempted Murder
- Crime2022.11.25Police Search For Missing Margate Child
- Coconut Creek2022.11.22Spitfire Farm Hosts ‘Thanksgiving Break’ Equestrian Camp in Coconut Creek