By Kevin Deutsch
A man was stabbed in his chest at a Margate pool hall Sunday, police said.
The attacker, a “known patron” of Masters Billiards at 205 S. State Rd. 7, stabbed the victim around 12:15 a.m., according to Margate Police Department records.
After being stabbed, the victim left the pool hall and collapsed outside a nearby CVS store, police said.
He was rushed to Broward Health North with a non-life-threatening stab wound, according to the records.
Police set up a perimeter in the area to try and capture the attacker, using the K-9 unit and a Broward Sheriff’s Office helicopter in their search.
The stabbing victim, whose name was not made public, “later declined any further cooperation” with law enforcement, police said.
No arrest has been announced in the case.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsJuly 6, 2023Margate Pho Restaurant Temporarily Closed by Health Inspectors
- NewsJuly 2, 20232 Hurt in Margate Motorcycle Crash, One Airlifted to Hospital
- NewsJune 30, 2023Walmart’s Money Transfer Scandal Exposed: FTC’s Amended Complaint Reveals Millions Lost to Scammers
- NewsJune 27, 2023Police Search for Missing Margate Man