By: Matt Rothman
The North Broward Prep boys’ golf team competed in the District Championship on Wednesday at Pine Course Beach and finished third as a team.
Competing against ten schools, the Eagles had a team score of 316 and advanced to Regionals. Sean Richards shot a 71 (-1) to finish tied for third individually and has already broken the nine and 18-hole individual school course records with a 31 and 68 this year.
Filippo Martelli recorded the second-best score for NBP with a 78 and also tied for 12th place individually. Mac Lobdell, Cruz Allegianis, and Cooper Roth competed for the Eagles.
American Heritage (Broward) came in first, while American Heritage (West Palm) finished second. Next, NBP will compete in Regionals on Monday, Oct. 31, at Plantation Preserve Golf Course.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 27, 2023North Broward Prep Basketball Begins Season 2-0 With Dominating Wins
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Monarch High School Football Makes History With 1st Regional Championship
- NewsNovember 24, 20232 Monarch Football Players Commit Days Before Regional Championship Game
- NewsNovember 18, 2023Monarch High School Football Advances to Regional Championship