By: Matt Rothman
North Broward Prep’s track and field team completed their season in the State Championship, highlighted by a second-place finish by Alexa Schwartz in the javelin.
She also finished with a personal record of 38.75. She was previously a District and Regional Champion this year, competing in the shot put and the discus. Ella Munoz also shined for the girls team, placing 12th in the triple jump.
The boys team, who previously won their second straight District Championship, had their top result come from Michael McGrath, who placed 12th in the javelin. He also came in 14th in the discus, while Marcus Dixon and Damisi Faluyi placed 16th in the triple jump and 100 meters, respectively.
Got News in Margate? Send it to Margate Talk. Don’t miss reading Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Parkland Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.06.08Monarch Football Team Wins 7×7 Tournament at UF: 2 Players Pick Up Offers
- News2023.06.03Monarch High School’s Star Quarterback AJ Hairston Makes College Pick
- News2023.05.30District and Regional Champ Michael McGrath Makes College Pick
- News2023.05.23North Broward Prep Baseball Makes Run to 3rd Straight State Championship Game