By: Matt Rothman
North Broward Prep’s track and field team completed their season in the State Championship, highlighted by a second-place finish by Alexa Schwartz in the javelin.
She also finished with a personal record of 38.75. She was previously a District and Regional Champion this year, competing in the shot put and the discus. Ella Munoz also shined for the girls team, placing 12th in the triple jump.
The boys team, who previously won their second straight District Championship, had their top result come from Michael McGrath, who placed 12th in the javelin. He also came in 14th in the discus, while Marcus Dixon and Damisi Faluyi placed 16th in the triple jump and 100 meters, respectively.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- NewsSeptember 26, 2023North Broward Prep Goaltender Zach Brown Announces College Pick
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023North Broward Prep Scores 4 Touchdowns in Loss to Saint Andrew
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Monarch Football Records 4th Win; Another Defender Makes College Pick
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Coconut Creek Football Records Fourth Win: Girls Volleyball Wins First 2 Matches