By: Matt Rothman
North Broward Prep’s track and field team completed their season in the State Championship, highlighted by a second-place finish by Alexa Schwartz in the javelin.
She also finished with a personal record of 38.75. She was previously a District and Regional Champion this year, competing in the shot put and the discus. Ella Munoz also shined for the girls team, placing 12th in the triple jump.
The boys team, who previously won their second straight District Championship, had their top result come from Michael McGrath, who placed 12th in the javelin. He also came in 14th in the discus, while Marcus Dixon and Damisi Faluyi placed 16th in the triple jump and 100 meters, respectively.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Monarch Baseball and Softball Dominate in Wins; Star Player Commits
- NewsFebruary 18, 202410 Monarch Football Players Officially Sign; 2 More Announce Commitment
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Monarch High School Hosts Senior Night and Postseason Games
- NewsJanuary 31, 20242 Monarch High School Football Players Announce Their College Picks