By: Matt Rothman
The North Broward Prep Track and Field team continues their excellent season with three Eagles taking first place in the Calvary Christian FtL Annual Invitational on Saturday.
For the boys, Michael McGrath took first place in the javelin, while Alexa Schwartz won it for the girls. Nina Sanguino also took first for the girls in the long jump as NBP competed against 14 teams.
They finished in third place overall, with McGrath also taking second place in the shot put and discus. They also finished second in the 4 x 100 relay with Zach Vidal, Jaden Blackburn, Jamir Davis, and Damisi Faluyi.
Jayden Smith, Grant Depenbrock, Jayden Smith, Graham Mathieu, and Nathanael Coupet took third place in their respective events, while Faluyi, Caleb Makovsky, Tate Rowland, and Eric Kontos placed fourth. Ryan Bailey, Ryder Rush, Wills Gillis, Armando Suarez, Daniel Robles, Alex Demos, and Marcus Dixon picked up points.
The girls team finished fifth overall, with the 4 x 100 relay team of Leah Forudi, Alana Amsterdam, Eva Alonso, and Ivory Edgecomb coming in second. Edgecomb also placed second in the 100 and 200 meters, while Schwartz finished third in the shot put.
Destiny Higgins and Nina Sanguino placed fourth, with Alana Amsterdam, Mariana Lander, Tessa Dixon, Leah Finkelman, and Kate Lynch performing well.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- NewsSeptember 26, 2023North Broward Prep Goaltender Zach Brown Announces College Pick
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023North Broward Prep Scores 4 Touchdowns in Loss to Saint Andrew
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Monarch Football Records 4th Win; Another Defender Makes College Pick
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Coconut Creek Football Records Fourth Win: Girls Volleyball Wins First 2 Matches