By: Matt Rothman
Coconut Creek High School started its football season with an impressive 50-0 win over Southeast High School Friday night.
The Cougars scored seven touchdowns, starting with Romario Beckford’s 43-yard rushing score to make it 8-0.
Coconut Creek added another rushing touchdown in the first quarter before returning a blocked punt for a touchdown. The Cougars had two more first-half touchdowns on the ground to make it 34-0 at halftime.
In the second half, Coconut Creek connected on a touchdown pass and added a one-yard rushing touchdown.
The Cougars, who went 9-3 last season, now have won their opening game for the fifth straight season. Next, Coconut Creek will have their home opener on Friday, September 2, against Boyd H Anderson High School.
This will be the Cobras’ first game of the season after dropping seven games last year. The Cougars also won 42-6 in their last meeting.
Great Way to Start of the Season!! #CreekStandard #OneHeartBeat #HuntingSeason @larryblustein @FlaHSFootball @FootballHotbed @DrNicoleNearor @BCAA_Sports https://t.co/yH56i7ePU7
— Coconut Creek FB (@CreekFootball1) August 27, 2022
Got News? Send it to Margate Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Parkland Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.06.08Monarch Football Team Wins 7×7 Tournament at UF: 2 Players Pick Up Offers
- News2023.06.03Monarch High School’s Star Quarterback AJ Hairston Makes College Pick
- News2023.05.30District and Regional Champ Michael McGrath Makes College Pick
- News2023.05.23North Broward Prep Baseball Makes Run to 3rd Straight State Championship Game