By: Matt Rothman
The Cougars scored seven touchdowns, starting with Romario Beckford’s 43-yard rushing score to make it 8-0.
Coconut Creek added another rushing touchdown in the first quarter before returning a blocked punt for a touchdown. The Cougars had two more first-half touchdowns on the ground to make it 34-0 at halftime.
In the second half, Coconut Creek connected on a touchdown pass and added a one-yard rushing touchdown.
The Cougars, who went 9-3 last season, now have won their opening game for the fifth straight season. Next, Coconut Creek will have their home opener on Friday, September 2, against Boyd H Anderson High School.
This will be the Cobras’ first game of the season after dropping seven games last year. The Cougars also won 42-6 in their last meeting.
— Coconut Creek FB (@CreekFootball1) August 27, 2022
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 27, 2023North Broward Prep Basketball Begins Season 2-0 With Dominating Wins
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Monarch High School Football Makes History With 1st Regional Championship
- NewsNovember 24, 20232 Monarch Football Players Commit Days Before Regional Championship Game
- NewsNovember 18, 2023Monarch High School Football Advances to Regional Championship