By: Matt Rothman
With the fall season of sports underway, the North Broward Prep boys and girls cross country teams had an opportunity to compete in their first race of the season at the Park Vista XC Invite on Saturday.
“I think we probably had the youngest and most inexperienced team on the course today,” said Head Coach Chris Wood. “I was super impressed with every single runner from top to bottom.”
While the boys ran as a team, the girls ran individually and had several terrific times led by Patrick McBrien from the boy’s team. He finished with the top time for the Eagles at 19.32.3 to finish 58th in a race with over 250 runners.
Eric Levy was the second Eagle to cross the finish line at 19.56.8, followed by Joseph Rondon, Lucas Wiley, Luke Diamond, and Noah Rivas, who all had times under 23 minutes. Lester Hooker and Jonny Glazer also competed for NBP in their first event this year.
For the girls, Megan Tennant, Katherine Heggerick, and Camilla Hooker were the top three runners for NBP.
“As we get more experience and have our full roster in races, we will see Wills, Eric, Patrick, Katie, and Megan step up and start making some serious progress,” Coach Wood added.
Next, the Eagles will be in action on September 10 in a race at Kings Academy as NBP works their way through their season and the opportunity to have runners race in the postseason.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- NewsSeptember 26, 2023North Broward Prep Goaltender Zach Brown Announces College Pick
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023North Broward Prep Scores 4 Touchdowns in Loss to Saint Andrew
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Monarch Football Records 4th Win; Another Defender Makes College Pick
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Coconut Creek Football Records Fourth Win: Girls Volleyball Wins First 2 Matches