By: Matt Rothman
Coconut Creek High School’s varsity football team picked up their fifth win of the season on Friday during Senior Night.
The Cougars defeated McArthur High School 41-13 to move to 5-3 this year. They also had the chance to recognize their seniors: Davari Morris, Jamari Wright, Dashawn McEachern, Aundra Atterbery, Asante Daniel, Jean Robinson, Tyrell Johnson, Travis Robinson, Tyrik Hall, Ry’Carri Dailey, Steven Reid, Jeffrey Hernandez, Josh Yearby, Kevin Bellomy, Juan Sanchez, Javen Brown, Mark Silvera, Kevin Keane, and Juan Carlos Arocho.
It was also an intense week for the junior varsity team as well. The Cougars were one of two Coconut Creek teams to win along with Monarch High School Wednesday night. Coconut Creek beat Coral Glades 40-18, while the Knights defeated Coral Springs High School for their second win of the year. The Knights defeated Coral Springs High School 40-18 to pick up their first win of the season.
All three teams will return to the field next week, highlighted by Coconut Creek’s varsity football team facing Deerfield Beach High School on Friday, October 28, at 7 p.m. The Bucks are 3-5 this year but have wins over Coral Glades, Everglades, and Boyd H. Anderson High School.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Monarch Baseball and Softball Dominate in Wins; Star Player Commits
- NewsFebruary 18, 202410 Monarch Football Players Officially Sign; 2 More Announce Commitment
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Monarch High School Hosts Senior Night and Postseason Games
- NewsJanuary 31, 20242 Monarch High School Football Players Announce Their College Picks