By: Matt Rothman
North Broward Prep’s quest for a third straight State Championship is off to a great start at the midway point of the season.
After transferring from Cypress Bay High School, University of Central Florida commit Mateo Gray is in his first season with NBP. The junior is off to an incredible start at the plate and is hitting .395. He is also 2-0 on the mound with an ERA of .31 this season, striking out 37 hitters in 22.2 innings.
Also in his first season is TJ Gramesty. After transferring from Boca Raton Community High School, he is hitting .297 this year with a home run, four RBIs, and six runs while handling an extremely talented pitching staff. He has committed to Florida Atlantic University.
NBP is currently 10-3 this year and will have 12 more regular season games before the start of the District Tournament, including a matchup with another team that has won two straight State Championships in Marjory Stoneman Douglas. The Eagles are currently 10-0 this year and will take on NBP on March 28 at 3:30 p.m.
Got News in Margate? Send it to Margate Talk. Don’t miss reading Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Parkland Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.06.08Monarch Football Team Wins 7×7 Tournament at UF: 2 Players Pick Up Offers
- News2023.06.03Monarch High School’s Star Quarterback AJ Hairston Makes College Pick
- News2023.05.30District and Regional Champ Michael McGrath Makes College Pick
- News2023.05.23North Broward Prep Baseball Makes Run to 3rd Straight State Championship Game