By: Matt Rothman
The Eagles, who have won back-to-back State Championships, went 3-1 during the showcase and with wins over Spanish Fort (Alabama), Buford (Georgia), and Chelsea High School (Alabama). Their only loss came against Houston County (Georgia), and they are 6-1 this year, which marks their best start in five years.
In the four games, NBP outscored their opponents 36-21. Offensively, Nathaneal Coupet led the team with a home run and ten RBIs and picked up a mound win. Gian De Castro hit a grand slam and drove in five runs, while Mateo Gray had an RBI in all four games, pitched five innings, and struck out ten.
Riley Luft, Nick Koorse, Clark Corlew, Mauricio Bejarano, TJ Gramesty, and Anthony Maestre all shined offensively. At the same time, Luft and Dylan Radtke also recorded wins, and Tanner Uderitz had a pair of saves.
The Eagles returned home with an 11-0 win over the Middle School of Albemarle from Virginia, coached by former MLB All-Star Billy Wagner. and will face Benjamin High School on Thursday, March 7 at 3:30 p.m.
The Buccaneers are 5-1 this year, with their only loss against John Carroll Catholic High School.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 27, 2023North Broward Prep Basketball Begins Season 2-0 With Dominating Wins
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Monarch High School Football Makes History With 1st Regional Championship
- NewsNovember 24, 20232 Monarch Football Players Commit Days Before Regional Championship Game
- NewsNovember 18, 2023Monarch High School Football Advances to Regional Championship