By: Matt Rothman
Coconut Creek High School’s football team completed a terrific season and had the chance to play in the postseason.
However, they were up against the number eight ranked team in the country in St. Thomas Aquinas High School.
Nirami Branley recorded a rushing touchdown, while Asante Daniel threw a 60-yard touchdown pass to Davari Morris. The Cougars finished the season with a record of 6-5 with wins over Southeast, Boyd H. Anderson, Fort Lauderdale, West Boca Raton, McArthur, and Deerfield Beach High School.
Coconut Creek will have Morris, Jamari Wright, Dashawn McEachern, Aundra Atterbery, Daniel, Jean Robinson, Tyrell Johnson, Travis Robinson, Tyrik Hall, Ry’Carri Dailey, Steven Reid, Jeffrey Hernandez, Josh Yearby, Kevin Bellomy, Juan Sanchez, Javen Brown, Mark Silvera, Kevin Keane, and Juan Carlos Arocho all graduate this year, but still will return a strong team for the 2023 season.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 27, 2023North Broward Prep Basketball Begins Season 2-0 With Dominating Wins
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Monarch High School Football Makes History With 1st Regional Championship
- NewsNovember 24, 20232 Monarch Football Players Commit Days Before Regional Championship Game
- NewsNovember 18, 2023Monarch High School Football Advances to Regional Championship