By: Matt Rothman
Coconut Creek High School football teams had a great week, with both the varsity and junior varsity teams picking up wins.
Between the two, the Cougars outscored their opponents 80-6. The varsity team put in a show and defeated West Boca Raton Community High School 50-0. They move to 4-3 with wins over Southeast, Boyd H. Anderson, Fort Lauderdale, and West Boca.
Coconut Creek has outscored their opponents 177-6 in their wins and has another big matchup against McArthur High School on Oct. 21 at 7 p.m. The Mustangs are 3-3 this year with wins over Charles W. Flanagan, Cooper City, and Hollywood Hills High School.
The Cougars junior varsity picked up a 30-6 victory over Boyd H. Anderson High School on Wednesday for their second win of the season after falling to Blanche Ely High School’s 21-6 earner this year.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 27, 2023North Broward Prep Basketball Begins Season 2-0 With Dominating Wins
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Monarch High School Football Makes History With 1st Regional Championship
- NewsNovember 24, 20232 Monarch Football Players Commit Days Before Regional Championship Game
- NewsNovember 18, 2023Monarch High School Football Advances to Regional Championship