By: Matt Rothman
After their record-setting season, the Monarch High School football team had two players announce their commitment.
Lin only began playing football during his freshman year and shined on the offensive line. He helped protect quarterbacks AJ Hairston, Jaeden Phillips, and Jack Spaeder, who threw for over 4,400 yards while their running backs ran for 2,253 yards. The team also won their second straight District Championship and first Regional Title in School history.
Before college, Lin hopes to continue to become a better athlete by getting bigger and stronger before playing for a team that went 8-3 last year.
Logan Coehlo was originally committed to Culver-Stockton College in Missouri but will now be attending Thiel College in Pennsylvania. He says as soon as he stepped on campus, Coehlo felt at home with Coach Andrew Geisler waiting for him outside. He then went on to meet coach Brandon Rivers and made his decision.
“The hospitality was awesome not only from all the coaches, but it was also great from all the players,” Coehlo said. “ It almost felt like I was their little brother with how well they treated me.”
Theil had three wins last year, beating Bethany College, Waynesburg University, and Saint Vincent College.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Monarch Baseball and Softball Dominate in Wins; Star Player Commits
- NewsFebruary 18, 202410 Monarch Football Players Officially Sign; 2 More Announce Commitment
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Monarch High School Hosts Senior Night and Postseason Games
- NewsJanuary 31, 20242 Monarch High School Football Players Announce Their College Picks