By Ryan Yousefi
The City of Margate has announced dates it anticipates road closures that will lead to delays while it performs maintenance and construction associated with a major infrastructure project.
To improve the safety and functionality of Atlantic Boulevard, the city has announced the Aerial Crossing Rehabilitation project beginning in June and stretching through mid-July.
The road work will involve necessary closures of the road and sidewalks, leading to temporary traffic disruptions.
According to the city, the project has been strategically planned to coincide with the school’s summer break, significantly reducing the impact on traffic.
Below is a tentative schedule for repairs:
- June 12 to 15: Crews will begin to work on-site #6, located east of Margate Middle School at 500 NW 65th Ave. During this time, one traffic lane westbound on Atlantic Boulevard will be closed to facilitate the necessary repairs. Additionally, Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) measures will be implemented to ensure the safety of workers and road users.
- June 16 to July 9: This period allows for proper curing and will not involve any road or sidewalk obstructions. Residents and commuters can expect no sidewalk obstructions during this time.
- July 10 to July 12: Remobilization for asphalt milling and stripping. The conclusion of the project and resurfacing are expected to be completed.
Got News in Margate? Send it to Margate Talk. Don’t miss reading Coconut Creek Talk Coral Springs Talk, Parkland Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- News2023.06.08“Give me the money, I have a gun”: Walmart Robber Arrested at BK with 3K
- News2023.06.06City of Margate Announces Dates That Upcoming Road Work on Atlantic Boulevard Will Cause Temporary Closures
- News2023.06.04Fast and Reckless: Aerial Support and Street Spikes Nab Driver After Lengthy High-Speed Chase
- News2023.05.31Rapids Water Park Honors Teachers at ‘Educator Appreciation Day’ June 10