By: Matt Rothman
Former North Broward Prep Star basketball player Justin Abson had a historic freshman season at Appalachian State University.
The 2022 NBP graduate set a school record for a freshman with 70 blocks this season, which was also the second most in team history, helping the Mountaineers go 16-16. Despite starting the season off the bench, Abson finished the year with 23 starts and set a career-high with 16 points against Marshall University.
He also led the team in rebounds and scored 13 against South Alabama. Abson also shot 60.6 percent from the field after leading North Broward Prep to the Regional Semifinals as a senior and finished the year with 16.8 points and 12 rebounds per game.
Got News in Margate? Send it to Margate Talk. Don’t miss reading Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Parkland Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.06.08Monarch Football Team Wins 7×7 Tournament at UF: 2 Players Pick Up Offers
- News2023.06.03Monarch High School’s Star Quarterback AJ Hairston Makes College Pick
- News2023.05.30District and Regional Champ Michael McGrath Makes College Pick
- News2023.05.23North Broward Prep Baseball Makes Run to 3rd Straight State Championship Game