By: Matt Rothman
It was senior night for the North Broward Prep and Monarch Monarch High School girls’ volleyball teams.
The Eagles managed to win their match in five sets, 25-23, 25-12, 21-25, 23-25, 15-10, to even their record at 8-8. NBP honored Cassidy Lehman, Gabriela Rausseo, Gianna Palacio-Stiegele, while the team now turns its attention to the District Playoffs.
“Cassidy, Gabriela, and Gianna are a true example of what North Broward Prep student-athletes are about,” said Head Coach Hector Ramirez. “Disciplined, selfless, and great people inside and outside of the court.”
The Eagles are the three seed in their District and will play American Heritage School. The Stallions went 2-16 his year and lost in three sets in their only meeting against NBP this year. Gametime is set for Monday, Oct. 17, at 6 p.m.
The Monarch High School volleyball team started the season slowly but has played exceptionally well to close out the regular season.
The Knights won three of their final five matches to improve to 5-7 before starting the District Tournament. Those wins came against Nova, Coral Glades, Everglades, J.P. Taravella, and Coral Springs High School on Senior Night.
Monarch honored Keely Thompson, Drew Weinstein, Breyonie Plummer, Tatianna Johnson, Gabriella Gomez, and Alyssa Irwin. These six seniors and the rest of the team are now set to be in the District Playoffs starting on Monday, Oct. 17
The Knights are the four seed. They play Olympic Heights Community High School in the opening round after they finished the regular season 7-6. The winner of that game will play top-seeded Boca Raton Community High School in the semifinals.
Coconut Creek High School, who already had their Senior Night earlier this year, will play Deerfield Beach High School in their Quarterfinal Match on Monday, Oct. 17, at 6 p.m.
Got News? Send it to Margate Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Parkland Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.06.08Monarch Football Team Wins 7×7 Tournament at UF: 2 Players Pick Up Offers
- News2023.06.03Monarch High School’s Star Quarterback AJ Hairston Makes College Pick
- News2023.05.30District and Regional Champ Michael McGrath Makes College Pick
- News2023.05.23North Broward Prep Baseball Makes Run to 3rd Straight State Championship Game