By Agrippina Fadel
Come dance the night away at the free salsa concert at Coconut Creek City Hall. The event features Sabor Latino, a local band playing salsa, bachata, and merengue music as part of the Homegrown Concert Series.
Held on Friday, September 16, from 6:30 to 9 p.m., the concert is family-friendly and perfect for all ages. Residents are encouraged to bring blankets, chairs, and coolers but leave the pets at home.
Founded in 2007 and based in Ft. Lauderdale, Sabor Latino covers a range of great Latin tunes, including La Fania All Stars, Mongo Santamaria, Poncho Sanchez, Larry Harlow, Ray Barreto, Bobby Valentin, Ismael Miranda, Hector Lavoe, Cheo Feliciano, Willie Colon, El Gran Combo, Richie Ray, and Bobby Cruz.
Known for their unique sound, the band puts together a show great for listening or dancing to, going from salsa to Latin jazz and back.
The Homegrown Concert Series features a variety of live musical acts and South Florida’s finest and most talented bands.
In case of inclement weather, check the city’s social media or call 954-545-6600 for up-to-date information. Coconut Creek City Hall is located at 4800 West Copans Rd.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsOctober 5, 2023Skip the DMV Line At Mobile Driver’s License Renewal Event
- NewsSeptember 5, 2023Join the Movement: High Schoolers Can Earn Service Hours While Cleaning Up Broward County’s Beaches
- NewsAugust 15, 2023Margate Middle’s Campus Buzzes with Excitement for Back-to-School Community Connection Day
- NewsDecember 20, 2022Visit the Holiday Fantasy of Lights at Tradewinds Park