By Ryan Yousefi
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Margate as the return of the Margate Winter Festival comes to town this week.
Margate’s Winter Festival takes place on Friday, December 16, from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on the corner of Margate Boulevard and State Road 7.
The holiday celebration features live music and entertainment, arts and crafts, food vendors, children’s activities, and, of course, photos with Santa himself.
The Winter Festival features its popular ‘Florida-style’ snow area where children can play in a faux winter wonderland.
The City of Margate has advised residents that Margate Boulevard (from US 441/SR 7 to NW 58th Avenue) will be closed from approximately 2:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. on the days of the festival.
To register as a vendor at the event, visit the city’s website.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsSeptember 24, 2023Margate Resident Honored for Over 30 Years of Volunteer Service at Broward Center for Performing Arts
- NewsSeptember 22, 2023Real-Life Spider-Man Tracks Down Stolen Car, Taking it Back From Thief
- NewsSeptember 16, 2023Woman Doused and Injured in Vicious Attack in Margate
- NewsSeptember 14, 2023City of Margate Holds Lifeguard Certification Courses at Calypso Cove