By: Matt Rothman
For one final time in their high school career, seven Monarch and Coconut Creek High School players had the opportunity to play in the 25th annual BCAA All-Star Game at Nova High School on Dec. 8.
2022 BCAA All Star Football Game at Nova High School. North vs South! Honoring and Celebrating 120 Football Players, 60 Cheerleaders and 300 Senior Band Members. Calm before the Storm! @larryblustein @FHSAA @browardschools @BCPSAssocSupt @suptvcartwright @dbrouss76 pic.twitter.com/414rnx4MlT
— BCAA Sports (@BCAA_Sports) December 9, 2022
Monarch had four players, including a pair of wide receivers, Joshua Pena and Walter Parrish. The two combined for 998 receiving yards and scored 13 touchdowns. Running back Willie Reed had 109 carries for 971 yards and eight touchdowns. At the same time, Jasean Winchester averaged a tackle per game, helping the Knights win their second District Championship in school history and reaching the Regional Semifinals.
Coconut Creek had three players, including a pair of offensive linemen, Kevin Keola and Juan Carlos Arocho. They did a terrific job of protecting quarterback Asante Daniel and blocking for running back Jamari Hostzclaw. Davari Morris, who holds an offer from Tulane University, also played in the game. The Cougars finished the regular season 6-4 before falling to top-seeded St. Thomas Aquinas High School in the postseason.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.06.08Monarch Football Team Wins 7×7 Tournament at UF: 2 Players Pick Up Offers
- News2023.06.03Monarch High School’s Star Quarterback AJ Hairston Makes College Pick
- News2023.05.30District and Regional Champ Michael McGrath Makes College Pick
- News2023.05.23North Broward Prep Baseball Makes Run to 3rd Straight State Championship Game