By Kevin Maher
The City of Coconut Creek is hosting a Winter Extravaganza filled with crafts, music, and food trucks for the whole family.
The event is on Thursday, December 8, and is split into two sessions.
The first session is from 3 to 4:30 p.m., and the second session is from 5 to 6:30 p.m. It is being held at the Recreation Complex, located at 4455 Sol Press Blvd.
All ages are welcome to attend. Attendees are encouraged to dress in holiday attire or as a “Frozen” character, as there will be photo opportunities with real-life Anna and Elsa characters.
Winter-themed crafts will be made available for children, and holiday music and food trucks will also be on site.
Coconut Creek residents are required to pay $5 to attend, while non-residents pay $10. Everyone attending must register prior to arriving, as there will be no registration on the day of the event. Registration is ongoing until December 7 or until full, with a maximum of 150 participants per session.
The Winter Extravaganza is a prelude to the Coconut Creek Parks and Recreation’s Youth Theater performance of Disney’s “Frozen Kids.” The performance will begin at 7 p.m. at the Recreation Complex.
Registration is available here or at the Recreation Complex or at the Community Center, located at 1100 Lyons Road. Credit card payment is the only form of payment that s accepted, and you must have a WebTrac account prior to registering online.
For more information, click here or call 954-956-1580.
- Kevin Maher is a University of Florida journalism graduate with an interest in investigative journalism. Kevin has also worked at The Independent Florida Alligator and WUFT News.
- NewsApril 4, 2023Join the Celebration of Diversity and Creativity at Margate’s International Day Festival
- NewsMarch 22, 2023Registration Now Open for Vendors at Margate’s International Day Festival
- NewsMarch 14, 2023Registration Now Open for Vendors at Margate’s International Day Festival
- NewsFebruary 21, 2023Margate’s Sounds at Sundown Returns With “Classic Rock Therapy” March 4