By Kevin Maher
Coconut Creek is hosting a fun and fitness program for individuals with special needs. The program includes a variety of fitness and alternative activities for participants.
The program is every Friday from noon to 1 p.m. and will occur weekly from September 2 to December 23. There will be no classes on October 21 and November 11 and 25.
Participants must have independent bathroom skills, the ability to follow basic instructions and be able to participate within a group structure to join the program. If these criteria cannot be met, participants must provide an assistant for supervision.
The program will be held at the Community Center at 1100 Lyons Road. There is a $15 cost per person for the session. Credit card payment is the only accepted form of payment, no cash or checks.
Registration is ongoing until full, with the class limited to 25 participants. Walk-in registration is accepted at the Community Center and the Recreation Complex, 4455 Sol Press Blvd. Online registration is not available.
For more information, click here or call 954-545-6670.
Got News in Coconut Creek or Margate? Send it to Margate Talk.
- Kevin Maher is a University of Florida journalism graduate with an interest in investigative journalism. Kevin has also worked at The Independent Florida Alligator and WUFT News.
- NewsApril 4, 2023Join the Celebration of Diversity and Creativity at Margate’s International Day Festival
- NewsMarch 22, 2023Registration Now Open for Vendors at Margate’s International Day Festival
- NewsMarch 14, 2023Registration Now Open for Vendors at Margate’s International Day Festival
- NewsFebruary 21, 2023Margate’s Sounds at Sundown Returns With “Classic Rock Therapy” March 4