By: Matt Rothman
Jesse Field was named to the First Team All-State after catching 68 passes for 1,054 yards and eight touchdowns. He is set to play in college at Tusculum University in Tennessee. Brayden Slade was also selected for the First-Team All-State. He recorded 53 tackles and had five interceptions, including one returned from a touchdown.
Broward County Player of the Year AJ Hairston was named to the Second Team All-State. The junior, who recently received an offer from the University of Miami, threw for 3.217 yards. He had 32 touchdown passes, added 347 rushing yards with seven more scores, and earned a spot in the Next Level Junior Showcase.
Gavin Peacock was also named to the Second Team All-State as a senior with Monarch. He led the team in tackles with 123, had seven sacks, and forced a safety this year. He will play at Stetson and compete in the Miami Dade-Broward All-Star Game.
Freshman Jabari Brady was named an Honorable Mention after catching 43 passes for 864 yards and eight touchdowns. Samari Reed also was an honorable mention after shining on special teams. He averaged 41.1 yards on kickoff returns and had a 95-yard kickoff return for a score.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- NewsSeptember 26, 2023North Broward Prep Goaltender Zach Brown Announces College Pick
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023North Broward Prep Scores 4 Touchdowns in Loss to Saint Andrew
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Monarch Football Records 4th Win; Another Defender Makes College Pick
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Coconut Creek Football Records Fourth Win: Girls Volleyball Wins First 2 Matches