By: Matt Rothman
Monarch High School softball team officially picked up their first win of the season on Thursday in their 16-0 win over McArthur High School.
Mia Macaione and Faith Linderman both knocked in two RBI’s while Camryn Piskun, Samatha Rice, Emersyn Clark, Judon, Sara Conner, and Emily Phipps had one.
The games lasted only three innings, but Monarch did not allow a hit. Macaione struck out five in two innings before Elena Ramirez tossed the final inning.
“We have a long way to go to be prepared for the postseason,” said Head Coach Kenny Forbes. “Today’s game, we did what we were supposed to do. Our challenges are ahead of us. We must gel together and support each other as a team to get everything out of each player we can. Once we do that, we will be playing our best ball.”
The Knights are coming off a season where they went 14-11-1 and reached the Regional semifinals. They are now 1-1 this year and will play Cooper City High School in their next game on Friday, Feb. 24, at 6:30 p.m.
The Cowboys picked up a 2-0 win in their opening game of the season against Pompano Beach High School, the only team that has beaten Monarch this year. Cooper City went 22-4 last year and defeated the Knights 10-1 in their only meeting in 2022.
Got News in Margate? Send it to Margate Talk. Don’t miss reading Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Parkland Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.26North Broward Prep Eagles Soar Towards a Historic 3rd State Championship Title, Led by New College-Bound Talents
- News2023.03.21North Broward Prep 2022 Graduate Justin Abson Posts Historic Freshman Season in College
- News2023.03.17Monarch High School Baseball Wins 5th Straight Game
- News2023.03.17Monarch High School Softball Wins 2nd Game of the Season