By: Matt Rothman
Monarch High School baseball team continues to shine on the diamond and has won five straight games heading into Spring Break to move to 5-3.
The Knights won over Coral Springs Charter, Cypress Bay, Pompano Beach, West Broward, and McArthur High School, outscoring their opponents 43-12 in those games.
In their latest win on Thursday, Colin Aube shined both on the mound and at the plate. He pitched six innings, allowing only one hit, striking out eight, and drove in three runs. Vinny Mercado and Jake Mitarotonda had RBIs in the win, while Danny Tartaglia pitched a scoreless seventh inning.
“The boys are playing with confidence and are playing loose,” said Head Coach Mike Ramaglia. “Energy has been great, and we are getting contributions through the entire lineup.”
Monarch will face Cardinal Gibbons High School in their next game on Monday, March 20, at 1 p.m. The Chiefs are 3-4-2 this year and won their last game 8-6 after recording 18 wins last year,
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 27, 2023North Broward Prep Basketball Begins Season 2-0 With Dominating Wins
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Monarch High School Football Makes History With 1st Regional Championship
- NewsNovember 24, 20232 Monarch Football Players Commit Days Before Regional Championship Game
- NewsNovember 18, 2023Monarch High School Football Advances to Regional Championship