By: Matt Rothman
Monarch High School baseball team continues to shine on the diamond and has won five straight games heading into Spring Break to move to 5-3.
The Knights won over Coral Springs Charter, Cypress Bay, Pompano Beach, West Broward, and McArthur High School, outscoring their opponents 43-12 in those games.
In their latest win on Thursday, Colin Aube shined both on the mound and at the plate. He pitched six innings, allowing only one hit, striking out eight, and drove in three runs. Vinny Mercado and Jake Mitarotonda had RBIs in the win, while Danny Tartaglia pitched a scoreless seventh inning.
“The boys are playing with confidence and are playing loose,” said Head Coach Mike Ramaglia. “Energy has been great, and we are getting contributions through the entire lineup.”
Monarch will face Cardinal Gibbons High School in their next game on Monday, March 20, at 1 p.m. The Chiefs are 3-4-2 this year and won their last game 8-6 after recording 18 wins last year,
Got News in Margate? Send it to Margate Talk. Don’t miss reading Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Parkland Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.26North Broward Prep Eagles Soar Towards a Historic 3rd State Championship Title, Led by New College-Bound Talents
- News2023.03.21North Broward Prep 2022 Graduate Justin Abson Posts Historic Freshman Season in College
- News2023.03.17Monarch High School Baseball Wins 5th Straight Game
- News2023.03.17Monarch High School Softball Wins 2nd Game of the Season