By Ryan Yousefi
A Margate woman was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon after allegedly pointing a loaded gun at her husband’s head during a domestic dispute and pulling the trigger.
On November 21, the Margate Police Department received a 911 call from a victim who reported his wife, later identified as Roseann Martin, 57, of Margate, had pointed a loaded firearm at his head and pulled the trigger during a heated argument.
Upon arrival at the scene, Margate officers spoke to the victim, who explained the argument had been over “relationship problems” and quickly escalated from verbal to a potentially deadly situation.
The victim claimed that, during the verbal confrontation, Martin retrieved a gun from her nightstand, loaded the magazine into the firearm, and proceeded to press the barrel against the victim’s forehead before pulling the trigger. Miraculously, no bullet was fired, no injuries were sustained, and no marks or bruises were observed on the victim.
Law enforcement officers subsequently located the firearm in Martin’s bedroom and seized it as evidence. During the investigation, it was found that Martin had sole possession of the gun.
Martin was arrested and transported to the Broward County Main Jaill and later released after posting a $2,500 bond.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsFebruary 20, 2024City of Margate Holds Lifeguard Certification Courses at Calypso Cove
- NewsFebruary 14, 2024Woman Charged with Trespassing and Assault on Law Enforcement at Hospital
- NewsFebruary 7, 2024Celebrate Medieval Times at the Florida Renaissance Festival
- NewsFebruary 4, 20242 Brothers Arrested by Margate Police After Robbing Child on Public Bus