By: Matt Rothman
Before the match, the Cougars recognized Odyssey Soto, Joshua Hernandez, Hamesh Khailoo, Jason Douglas, Kananris Johnson, and Moise Alexis.
Coconut Creek pulled out their most dramatic victory, winning in five sets. The Cougars fell in the first set but responded by taking a 2-1 lead. Coconut Creek dropped the fourth but rallied to win 15-9 in the fifth set.
They previously started the season 3-0 with wins over Coral Springs Charter, Nova, and Mirmar before beating Plantation High School and Franklin Academy in March.
Next, the Cougars will head onto the road on Thursday, April 7, to face Deerfield Beach High School. This year, the Bucks are 4-3 and defeated Plantation High School in three sets in their last match.
Got News? Send it to Margate Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Monarch Baseball and Softball Dominate in Wins; Star Player Commits
- NewsFebruary 18, 202410 Monarch Football Players Officially Sign; 2 More Announce Commitment
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Monarch High School Hosts Senior Night and Postseason Games
- NewsJanuary 31, 20242 Monarch High School Football Players Announce Their College Picks