By Ryan Yousefi
The City of Margate is gearing up to offer aspiring lifeguards an opportunity to embark on a career in water safety.
The classes, open to individuals aged 16 and over, will provide comprehensive training to equip participants with the skills and knowledge needed to become certified lifeguards.
February 23 from 6-10 p.m., February 24 and February 25 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Margate officials encourage individuals to take advantage of the opportunity to become certified lifeguards and note that once successfully certified, participants will be eligible to apply for lifeguard positions at the picturesque Calypso Cove for the upcoming summer season.
The registration fee for the lifeguard certification courses is $75 and includes all necessary training materials and certifications.
Interested candidates can visit the City of Margate’s official website at margatefl.com/registration to register for the lifeguard certification courses.
Held Calypso Cove waterpark at 6200 Royal Palm Boulevard.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsFebruary 20, 2024City of Margate Holds Lifeguard Certification Courses at Calypso Cove
- NewsFebruary 14, 2024Woman Charged with Trespassing and Assault on Law Enforcement at Hospital
- NewsFebruary 7, 2024Celebrate Medieval Times at the Florida Renaissance Festival
- NewsFebruary 4, 20242 Brothers Arrested by Margate Police After Robbing Child on Public Bus