By: Matt Rothman
Monarch High School completed a busy week highlighted by the football team’s sixth win of the season during their homecoming game.
The Knights fell behind 7-0 but responded with 28 unanswered points, with Emmanuel Lavaud and Malik Kelsey recording two rushing touchdowns.
“Sometimes you just gotta impose your will upfront and let the big boys eat,” Head Coach Calvin Davis said. “Last night, the o-line was great and a great all-around team win.”
Monarch improved to 6-1 and will have a week off before playing St. Thomas Aquinas High School on Friday, October 20 at 7 p.m. The Raiders come in as the 12th-ranked team in the county and have a record of 6-1.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Monarch Baseball and Softball Dominate in Wins; Star Player Commits
- NewsFebruary 18, 202410 Monarch Football Players Officially Sign; 2 More Announce Commitment
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Monarch High School Hosts Senior Night and Postseason Games
- NewsJanuary 31, 20242 Monarch High School Football Players Announce Their College Picks