Update: He has been safely located
By Sharon Aron Baron
The Margate Police Department has issued an urgent appeal for help in their search for Gregory Whitney, 58, a missing endangered adult who was last seen leaving his house at the 100 block of NW 77th Ave in a white Dodge Ram pick-up truck (FLRNW8Q) at 10:00 p.m. on Monday.
Whitney is 5’10”, weighs 160 pounds, and was last seen wearing a long sleeve orange shirt and black work pants.
Before leaving, Whitney sent several texts to his wife, expressing suicidal thoughts. While officers were on the scene, Whitney called his wife and threatened to kill someone that was heard by the officers. The police believe that Whitney has a semi-automatic handgun.
The Margate Police Department is treating Whitney’s case as a missing endangered person and seeking the public’s assistance in locating him.
The police department has described Whitney’s disappearance as a “serious concern” and is doing everything possible to locate him quickly and ensure the public’s safety. The department has stated that the case is being prioritized, and they are urging anyone with information about Whitney’s location to come forward and help in the search.
The Margate Police Department has also reminded the public that if they see Whitney or the vehicle he is driving, they should not approach him as he is believed to have a firearm. Instead, they should immediately contact the police department.
Anyone with any information on his whereabouts is urged to contact the Margate Police Department at (954) 972-7111 as soon as possible.
Got News in Margate? Send it to Margate Talk. Don’t miss reading Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Parkland Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media, which includes Margate Talk, Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County
- News2023.03.14Hollywood-Themed Relay For Life Event in Parkland, Coral Springs, Margate, and Coconut Creek Held April 1
- News2023.03.14Earn Service Hours During Free Food Distribution on March 15