By: Matt Rothman
North Broward Prep had another busy week with a couple of senior nights, a football game, and the return of the two-time defending State Champions in hockey.
The girls volleyball team started the week with an impressive win against Pompano Beach High School before hosting their Senior Night on Wednesday with Baylor Worley, Constanza Lira, and Emily Goldberg.
The Eagles followed that up with their third win of the week against Coral Glades on Thursday to improve to 11-4 this season and will have two more games before the start of the District Tournament.
The swim team also held senior night on Wednesday, honoring Ryan Altimari, Egor Frantsevskly, Jaques Papescu, Simone Tommasini, and Martin Viola, while NBP also had a 175-142 win.
The football team fell against NSU University to fall to 2-4 on the season. Mason Chapman tossed a touchdown pass to Caleb Makovsky to take a 7-0 lead. Troman Isaac picked off a pass, returned it for a school, and caught a touchdown pass while NBP added a safety to lead 23-7 at halftime.
However, NSU University scored 36 unanswered points to remain undefeated on the season. The Eagles will play Calvary Christian Academy in their next game on Thursday, October 12, at 7 p.m.
“A good mix of returning and young players with six new roster players dressing opening game, head coach Jim Gabrione said. “Good to start the season with a win and see where we are at and what we can work on. Always nice to beat Stoneman Douglas.”
Brian Pine, Markus Gentile, Dylan Kelman, Payton Shen, Cole Rosen, and Riley Emerson all scored goals for NBP, who is set to play their next game on October 14 against South Broward High School.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Monarch Baseball and Softball Dominate in Wins; Star Player Commits
- NewsFebruary 18, 202410 Monarch Football Players Officially Sign; 2 More Announce Commitment
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Monarch High School Hosts Senior Night and Postseason Games
- NewsJanuary 31, 20242 Monarch High School Football Players Announce Their College Picks