By: Matt Rothman
With high school soccer heating up before the holiday break, the North Broward Prep boys and girls soccer teams recorded wins Monday night.
Despite losing three of their last four games, the boys team recorded their fourth win with a 2-0 victory against Oxbridge Academy in West Palm Beach.
Mattais Rabbini continued his incredible season with a goal early in the first half before the Eagles added another late in the first half. from Jamal. Osman. The Eagles now have a record of 4-5-2 and have also beaten Miami Country Day, FAU High, and Benjamin High School.
The girls team continues their terrific start to the season with their seventh win, moving to 7-3-1 with a 3-0 win. The game was scoreless going into the second half, but the Eagles scored three goals within ten minutes of each other to take a 3-0 lead.
Leah Finkelman, who leads the team in goals, scored two goals by penalty kick to give her 15 on the season. Sumayah Brown also scored her 11th of the season, as Finkelman and Brown have combined to score 26 of the team’s 40 goals this season. Zoie Brown also recorded her fifth shutout of the season in net.
Next, both teams will play Vero Beach High School on Wednesday, Dec. 14. The girls will play the first game at 4:30 while the boys play at 6 p.m. Vero Beach comes in with a combined three wins this year.
Got News in Coconut Creek or Margate? Send it to Margate Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 27, 2023North Broward Prep Basketball Begins Season 2-0 With Dominating Wins
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Monarch High School Football Makes History With 1st Regional Championship
- NewsNovember 24, 20232 Monarch Football Players Commit Days Before Regional Championship Game
- NewsNovember 18, 2023Monarch High School Football Advances to Regional Championship