By: Matt Rothman
The District Championship in soccer is back, with the Monarch High School boys’ and girls’ teams competing.
The boys advanced to the District Final for the third straight year following a 4-2 win over Coral Glades. The Knights have won the last two District Championships and received a pair of goals from Ruddy Augusto and Steve Moodie Jr.
“Overall, we played a great game as a team today, and we capitalized on most of our opportunities,” Head Coach Eric Swickle said. We are excited and ready to play the winner of Douglas and Taravella.”
The Eagles will play JPT on Friday, January 26, at 4 p.m., with the winner playing Monarch in the Final on Monday, January 29, at 4 p.m. The Eagles come in as the top seed in the bracket after going 5-5-3 this year and beating the Knights 2-0 in their only meeting. JPT is 3-7-2 and had to beat Coral Springs High School to advance to the Semifinals. They lost to Monarch 2-0 in their only matchup on January 12.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Monarch Baseball and Softball Dominate in Wins; Star Player Commits
- NewsFebruary 18, 202410 Monarch Football Players Officially Sign; 2 More Announce Commitment
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Monarch High School Hosts Senior Night and Postseason Games
- NewsJanuary 31, 20242 Monarch High School Football Players Announce Their College Picks