By: Matt Rothman
For the second straight season, the Monarch High School boys soccer team won the District Championship following their 2-0 win over Marjory Stoneman Douglas on Monday.
“It means everything to us as a team to win back-to-back district championships,” said Head Coach Eric Swickle. “We are excited to get back to work and see what’s next for us.”
Joseph Magallanes scored the opening goal, and then Ruddy Augusto converted a penalty kick. This was the Knight’s second win this year over MSD. They also beat Coral Springs High School in the semifinals before recording their 11th victory in the final.
After falling in penalty kicks in Regionals last year, the Knights will await to find out who they will play, while the Eagles are now 11-3-3 before they compete in Regionals.
Got News in Margate? Send it to Margate Talk. Don’t miss reading Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Parkland Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.06.08Monarch Football Team Wins 7×7 Tournament at UF: 2 Players Pick Up Offers
- News2023.06.03Monarch High School’s Star Quarterback AJ Hairston Makes College Pick
- News2023.05.30District and Regional Champ Michael McGrath Makes College Pick
- News2023.05.23North Broward Prep Baseball Makes Run to 3rd Straight State Championship Game