By: Matt Rothman
Monarch High School football team continued to add to their tremendous coaching staff with the addition of both a wide receiver and defensive back coach.
Keon Payne is set to coach the defensive backs following another record-setting season for Monarch in which they won their second straight District Championship and first Regional Title in school history.
“Getting a quality coach with playing experience helps our kids understand what it takes to get to the next level,” Head Coach Calvin Davis said. “He brings a wealth of knowledge that can help our guys reach their goals,”
Payne graduated from St. Thomas Aquinas High School in 2011 and played college football at the University of Miami and Troy University.
Conroy Whyte will also be the new wide receivers coach and comes over from Cardinal Gibbons High School.
“He has a championship pedigree, and I always strive to bring in coaches with a championship mentality and work ethic,” Davis added. “He also does speed training, which is an added element that we needed. Great addition to a great staff.”
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Monarch Baseball and Softball Dominate in Wins; Star Player Commits
- NewsFebruary 18, 202410 Monarch Football Players Officially Sign; 2 More Announce Commitment
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Monarch High School Hosts Senior Night and Postseason Games
- NewsJanuary 31, 20242 Monarch High School Football Players Announce Their College Picks