By: Matt Rothman
Monarch High School and Coconut Creek High School teams competed in the Regional Championship on Saturday.
Marvin Cyriac, who recently signed to play college football at George Mason University, and Sebastian Cardozo picked those wins up for Monarch. Eric Mattos, Ethan Pierce, and Nijul Lawrence also wrestled in Regionals after terrific seasons.
Coconut Creek’s best result came from Leonardo Valsaint. He won two matches and made it to the consolation semifinals, while Jakari Charles, Khameron Baker, and Daniel Michel also wrestled for the Cougars.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 27, 2023North Broward Prep Basketball Begins Season 2-0 With Dominating Wins
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Monarch High School Football Makes History With 1st Regional Championship
- NewsNovember 24, 20232 Monarch Football Players Commit Days Before Regional Championship Game
- NewsNovember 18, 2023Monarch High School Football Advances to Regional Championship