By Ryan Yousefi
The City of Margate is gearing up to offer aspiring lifeguards an opportunity to embark on a career in water safety.
The classes, open to individuals aged 16 and over, will provide comprehensive training to equip participants with the skills and knowledge needed to become certified lifeguards.
December 8 from 6-10 p.m., December 9 and December 10 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
January 5 from 6-10 p.m., January 6 and January 7 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
January 26 from 6-10 p.m., January 27 and January 28 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
February 23 from 6-10 p.m., February 24 and February 25 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Margate officials encourage individuals to take advantage of the opportunity to become certified lifeguards and note that once successfully certified, participants will be eligible to apply for lifeguard positions at the picturesque Calypso Cove for the upcoming summer season.
The registration fee for the lifeguard certification courses is $75 and includes all necessary training materials and certifications.
Interested candidates can visit the City of Margate’s official website at margatefl.com/registration to register for the lifeguard certification courses.
Held Calypso Cove waterpark at 6200 Royal Palm Boulevard.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Margate Mother Arrested For Child Abuse After Admitting to ‘Beating His Ass’
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Margate Police Seek Public’s Help in Finding Missing Juvenile
- NewsNovember 24, 2023Register Now for the 18th Annual ‘Our Margate’ Holiday Decorating Contest
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Margate Woman Arrested for Assault with a Loaded Gun During Domestic Dispute