By Ryan Yousefi
The Margate Police Department arrested two brothers for allegedly robbing a seven-year-old child on a Broward County Transit bus.
According to the arrest reports, the incident occurred on Monday, January 29, on a city bus traveling westbound on West Atlantic Boulevard, just west of North State Road 7.
The men, later identified as Dunel Osier, 20, and Darlenson Osier, 19, of Margate, allegedly forcibly took a cell phone from the child’s hands while onboard the bus.
After committing the robbery, the brothers reportedly fled the scene on foot, leading to a foot chase by officers.
MPD officers quickly located the Osier brothers in the Palms community at 400 Northwest 65th Avenue. While detained, the police conducted a live lineup, during which both the victim and a witness positively identified Dunel and Darlenson Osier as the thieves from the bus.
While not having seen the crime, the witness confirmed seeing the two men running from the bus in a manner that suggested their involvement.
Officers noted in the report that the Osier brothers committed the robbery without the use of weapons, instead using physical force to take the child’s phone.
Dunel and Darlenson Osier were arrested and transported to the Broward County Main Jail.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsFebruary 20, 2024City of Margate Holds Lifeguard Certification Courses at Calypso Cove
- NewsFebruary 14, 2024Woman Charged with Trespassing and Assault on Law Enforcement at Hospital
- NewsFebruary 7, 2024Celebrate Medieval Times at the Florida Renaissance Festival
- NewsFebruary 4, 20242 Brothers Arrested by Margate Police After Robbing Child on Public Bus