By: Matt Rothman
Between the North Broward Prep varsity and JV golf teams this year, they had a great week competing in a tournament as well as multiple matches.
Boys Varsity Team
The boy’s golf team has been on quite a run after setting the school record for the lowest score on an 18-hole course on September 15. They competed in the South Florida PGA Championship tournament and also faced American Heritage in a match.
Sean Richards broke a school record with a 68 on Monday. He also finished the tournament tied for 13 overall out of 74 players. Cruz Allegianis, Cooper Roth, Filippo Martelli, and Max Lobdell all shot in the ’70s this week. Justin Martino and Dominic Bossola have also played a key role this year in North Broward’s tremendous start. Roth also shot a 75 to take third place at the US Kids Tournament at Osprey Point on Saturday.
Girls Varsity Team
The girl’s golf team had a busy week playing in a pair of matches and a tournament. They beat Marjory Stoneman Douglas by six strokes and came in fourth in the Palm League Invitational despite falling to American Heritage.
Leading the way has been senior Camilla Terzoli, who shot a 35 (-1) against MSD. She also shot a 73 in the 18-hole tournament. Eight grader Aryanah Ahmad had her best result, shooting a 38 (+2) in her first match this week, while sophomores Mariana Herrero and Julia Schiffrin shot a 44 and 46, respectively, against MSD. Jessica Mendez and Mckenzie Hanna also rounded out NBP’s lineup this week.
NBP had a chance to compete against American Heritage on Monday at Parkland Golf and Country Club. In a tight match, the Eagles won by nine strokes, with Jake Messana and Benji Cohen both shooting 44’s. Vimyr Mangual had his best score come earlier this year on September 15.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- NewsSeptember 26, 2023North Broward Prep Goaltender Zach Brown Announces College Pick
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023North Broward Prep Scores 4 Touchdowns in Loss to Saint Andrew
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Monarch Football Records 4th Win; Another Defender Makes College Pick
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Coconut Creek Football Records Fourth Win: Girls Volleyball Wins First 2 Matches