By: Matt Rothman
North Broward Prep’s swim team competed in the District Tournament on Friday and will have six swimmers heading to Regionals.
Egor Frantsevakiy had his best result come in the 50-yard freestyle with a third-place finish. He was also part of two relay teams: Martin Viola, Beny Papescu, Ryan Altamari, and Martin Viola, Jacques Papescu, and Ryan Altamari. Egor Frantsevakiy also finished eighth in the 100-yard freestyle that advanced to Regionals.
Altamani and Radhika Nanavati also qualified individually, while Jaques Papescu, Beny Papescu, Martin Viola, Ari Nelson, and Maksym Sotnykov competed individually to finish eighth as a team.
— NBPSAthletics (@NBPSAthletics) October 29, 2022
The girls also had two relay teams compete and finished seventh in both. Christina Saiger, Radhika Nanavati, Kayra Kanver, and Alexander Ilchenkoin the 200-yard medley, while Nanavati, Christina Saiger, Kanver, and Ilchenko competed in the 200-yard freestyle relay.
Nanavati had the best individual result, coming in eighth in the 100-yard backstroke and then 11th in the 100-yard butterfly. Kanver, Saiger, Ella Napoti, Samantha Botha, and Yuchi Chen led NBP to a seventh-place finish.
Next, NBP will compete in Regionals on Friday, Nov 4. at Nova High School.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 27, 2023North Broward Prep Basketball Begins Season 2-0 With Dominating Wins
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Monarch High School Football Makes History With 1st Regional Championship
- NewsNovember 24, 20232 Monarch Football Players Commit Days Before Regional Championship Game
- NewsNovember 18, 2023Monarch High School Football Advances to Regional Championship