By: Matt Rothman
North Broward Prep’s swim team competed in the District Tournament on Friday and will have six swimmers heading to Regionals.
Egor Frantsevakiy had his best result come in the 50-yard freestyle with a third-place finish. He was also part of two relay teams: Martin Viola, Beny Papescu, Ryan Altamari, and Martin Viola, Jacques Papescu, and Ryan Altamari. Egor Frantsevakiy also finished eighth in the 100-yard freestyle that advanced to Regionals.
Altamani and Radhika Nanavati also qualified individually, while Jaques Papescu, Beny Papescu, Martin Viola, Ari Nelson, and Maksym Sotnykov competed individually to finish eighth as a team.
Rep the prep!!!#swimmingeagles pic.twitter.com/Qz4A62gDBD
— NBPSAthletics (@NBPSAthletics) October 29, 2022
The girls also had two relay teams compete and finished seventh in both. Christina Saiger, Radhika Nanavati, Kayra Kanver, and Alexander Ilchenkoin the 200-yard medley, while Nanavati, Christina Saiger, Kanver, and Ilchenko competed in the 200-yard freestyle relay.
Nanavati had the best individual result, coming in eighth in the 100-yard backstroke and then 11th in the 100-yard butterfly. Kanver, Saiger, Ella Napoti, Samantha Botha, and Yuchi Chen led NBP to a seventh-place finish.
Next, NBP will compete in Regionals on Friday, Nov 4. at Nova High School.
Got News? Send it to Margate Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Parkland Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.06.08Monarch Football Team Wins 7×7 Tournament at UF: 2 Players Pick Up Offers
- News2023.06.03Monarch High School’s Star Quarterback AJ Hairston Makes College Pick
- News2023.05.30District and Regional Champ Michael McGrath Makes College Pick
- News2023.05.23North Broward Prep Baseball Makes Run to 3rd Straight State Championship Game