By: Matt Rothman
North Broward Prep’s swim team competed in the District Tournament on Friday and will have six swimmers heading to Regionals.
Egor Frantsevakiy had his best result come in the 50-yard freestyle with a third-place finish. He was also part of two relay teams: Martin Viola, Beny Papescu, Ryan Altamari, and Martin Viola, Jacques Papescu, and Ryan Altamari. Egor Frantsevakiy also finished eighth in the 100-yard freestyle that advanced to Regionals.
Altamani and Radhika Nanavati also qualified individually, while Jaques Papescu, Beny Papescu, Martin Viola, Ari Nelson, and Maksym Sotnykov competed individually to finish eighth as a team.
— NBPSAthletics (@NBPSAthletics) October 29, 2022
The girls also had two relay teams compete and finished seventh in both. Christina Saiger, Radhika Nanavati, Kayra Kanver, and Alexander Ilchenkoin the 200-yard medley, while Nanavati, Christina Saiger, Kanver, and Ilchenko competed in the 200-yard freestyle relay.
Nanavati had the best individual result, coming in eighth in the 100-yard backstroke and then 11th in the 100-yard butterfly. Kanver, Saiger, Ella Napoti, Samantha Botha, and Yuchi Chen led NBP to a seventh-place finish.
Next, NBP will compete in Regionals on Friday, Nov 4. at Nova High School.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.12.20Coconut Creek Girls Basketball Pick Up 2nd Win; Heads Into Matchup With Monarch
- News2022.12.19Monarch High School Wide Receiver Joshua Pena Makes College Pick
- News2022.12.16North Broward Prep Hockey Breaks the Ice with an Incredible Season (So far!)
- News2022.12.15North Broward Prep Wins First Global Games Since 2006