By: Matt Rothman
The Monarch baseball team had quite a run to start the season.
The Knights went 3-0 with wins over Fort Lauderdale, Coral Glades, and Pembroke Pines Charter through their first three games. They also outscored their opponents 27-8 in those three games. The Knights also have a win over Coral Springs High School this year. However, they have dropped four of their last five games.
Offensively, Brayden Slade is leading the team with a .429 batting average. Hunter Nelson and Lyonel Barthelemy are both hitting over .315. Jesse Campos, Calin Aube, Nicholas Nin, and Nicholas Cabello recorded victories on the mound, while Adian White recorded the team’s only save this year.
“Our team is young with mostly juniors as starters. Only two players got any significant playing time last year with varsity, so they are in a bit of a developmental year,” said Head Coach Mike Ramaglia. “They are competing hard and working hard. I expect a lot of growth as they get more experience.”
Next, Monarch will return to the field on March 28 against Northeast High School at 6 p.m. This year, the Hurricanes are 1-3, with their lone victory coming against Dillard High School.
Got News? Send it to Margate Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Monarch Baseball and Softball Dominate in Wins; Star Player Commits
- NewsFebruary 18, 202410 Monarch Football Players Officially Sign; 2 More Announce Commitment
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Monarch High School Hosts Senior Night and Postseason Games
- NewsJanuary 31, 20242 Monarch High School Football Players Announce Their College Picks