By Ryan Yousefi
The City of Margate is gearing up to offer aspiring lifeguards an opportunity to embark on a career in water safety.
The city will host three-day lifeguard certification courses from October 13 to 15 and December 8 to 10 at the Calypso Cove waterpark at 6200 Royal Palm Boulevard, with additional classes planned to be made available early next year.
The classes, open to individuals aged 16 and over, will provide comprehensive training to equip participants with the skills and knowledge needed to become certified lifeguards.
Margate officials encourage individuals to take advantage of the opportunity to become certified lifeguards and note that once successfully certified, participants will be eligible to apply for lifeguard positions at the picturesque Calypso Cove for the upcoming summer season.
The registration fee for the lifeguard certification courses is $75 and includes all necessary training materials and certifications.
Interested candidates can visit the City of Margate’s official website at margatefl.com/registration to register for the lifeguard certification courses.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsSeptember 24, 2023Margate Resident Honored for Over 30 Years of Volunteer Service at Broward Center for Performing Arts
- NewsSeptember 22, 2023Real-Life Spider-Man Tracks Down Stolen Car, Taking it Back From Thief
- NewsSeptember 16, 2023Woman Doused and Injured in Vicious Attack in Margate
- NewsSeptember 14, 2023City of Margate Holds Lifeguard Certification Courses at Calypso Cove