By David Volz
The Margate CRA presents a free family event to celebrate the holiday season and have some fun with residents.
“We will have live music, Florida-style snow, children’s activities, kiddie rides, arts and crafts, and food vendors,” said Maria Rosa Higgins Fallon, spokesperson for Margate. “People will be able to take a picture with Santa Claus, but they must bring their own camera.”
The Winter Festival is a popular event. “This is a big holiday celebration in Margate. It is very exciting, and lots of residents come out to have a good time,” said Fallon.
The Winter Festival now takes place Tuesday, December 19, from 6-10 p.m. at the corner of Margate Blvd. and State Road 7.
- David Volz has worked as a writer in South Florida for 35 years. He has written for the Sun-Sentinel, Hollywood Gazette, School Transportation News, South Dade News Leaders, Observer among others. He has an MA in Communications from Florida Atlantic University and a BA in Communications from Valparaiso University. Volz teaches Communications at Miami Dade College and Palm Beach State College. He lives in Coral Springs and enjoys running and participating in 5Ks and half-marathons.
- NewsFebruary 23, 2024Margate Matriarch Honored For Over Half a Century of Community and Family
- NewsFebruary 9, 2024Margate’s Calypso Cove and Firefighters Park Set for Exciting Upgrades
- NewsFebruary 9, 2024Margate Honors Philanthropist for $200K Donation of Palm Trees to Beautify City Spaces
- NewsFebruary 7, 2024Margate Welcomes the Pickleball Trend, Offering Lessons with Renowned Coaches