By Kevin Maher
The City of Coconut Creek will host indoor volleyball clinics that teach fundamental skills like passing, setting, hitting, serving, blocking, conditioning, and agility training.
Nicole Samsel, a recreation programmer for Coconut Creek, has been teaching the clinics since 2018 and always looks forward to them.
“I really want them to learn how to play volleyball because it’s such a great sport,” Samsel said. “I got a lot of kids into it, and they love it now.”
The clinics will be held at the Community Center, located at 1100 Lyons Road, and are open to ages 9 to 17.
Divided into two sessions based on ages, Session I will be for ages 13 to 17, and Session II will be for ages 9 to 12.
Session I will meet every Tuesday, from November 1 through December 20, from 6 to 8 p.m. There will be no classes on November 8 and 22.
Session II will meet every Thursday, from November 3 through December 15, from 5 to 7 p.m. There will be no class on November 24.
Registration is open now until full, with each session limited to 24 participants. Participants will be required to pay $40 if they are Coconut Creek residents and $50 for non-residents per session. Registration is available online or by walk-in at the Community Center or Recreation Complex, located at 4455 Sol Press Blvd.
Credit card payment is the only accepted form of payment, and a WebTrac account is needed before registering online.
Gym clothes and closed-toe shoes are required, and knee pads are recommended since participants will be diving and sliding. A clinic shirt will be included.
For more information or assistance in setting up a WebTrac account, click here or call 954-545-6670.
Got News in Coconut Creek or Margate? Send it to Margate Talk.
- Kevin Maher is a University of Florida journalism graduate with an interest in investigative journalism. Kevin has also worked at The Independent Florida Alligator and WUFT News.
- NewsApril 4, 2023Join the Celebration of Diversity and Creativity at Margate’s International Day Festival
- NewsMarch 22, 2023Registration Now Open for Vendors at Margate’s International Day Festival
- NewsMarch 14, 2023Registration Now Open for Vendors at Margate’s International Day Festival
- NewsFebruary 21, 2023Margate’s Sounds at Sundown Returns With “Classic Rock Therapy” March 4