By: Matt Rothman
It was a great start to the week for the Coconut Creek High School girls basketball team, picking up a 52-42 win over J.P. Taravella Monday night.
This was the Cougars’ second win of the season and first since Nov. 30 when they beat Boyd H Anderson High School 35-25. The 52 points scored was also a season-high as the Cougars have already matched their win total from the 2021-22 season.
Next, Coconut Creek will have one more game before the holiday break. It will be a big one against city rival Monarch High School on Thursday, Dec. 22, at 6 p.m.
The Knights are 7-3 this year and have won three of their last four games. They also won by 17 points in the only head-to-head meeting a season ago against Coconut Creek.
Got News in Coconut Creek or Margate? Send it to Margate Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.06.08Monarch Football Team Wins 7×7 Tournament at UF: 2 Players Pick Up Offers
- News2023.06.03Monarch High School’s Star Quarterback AJ Hairston Makes College Pick
- News2023.05.30District and Regional Champ Michael McGrath Makes College Pick
- News2023.05.23North Broward Prep Baseball Makes Run to 3rd Straight State Championship Game