By Kevin Deutsch
Broward County Public Schools on Thursday launched a new app and website that lets parents track their kids’ school buses in real-time.
The Here Comes the Bus app and accompanying site lets authenticated users view the location of their child’s school bus on a smartphone, tablet, or personal computer. Parents and guardians can use the school district code and the student’s last name and ID number to access the technology.
“For me, it’s peace of mind,” the technology provides, said Dr. Simone Clowers, assistant director of student transportation and fleet services for the district, who is also a parent.
“We’re excited to introduce this…we know that it’s been in high demand…it eases the parent’s mind.”
To download the Here Comes The Bus, visit Google Play or Apple Store. Use school code 87599 to locate Broward County Public Schools.
The system is password-protected and available in English, Spanish, and Haitian-Creole, according to the district.
Users will receive notifications that:
– include the bus number, location, and time of bus arrival at their child’s stop.
– can be customized to a radius of 250 feet to two miles from the bus stop location.
– confirms the student’s bus has arrived at the bus stop and the school, both before and after school.
For registration information, visit browardschools.com/HereComesTheBus.b
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.11.262 Arrested Amid Violence at Margate Fair as Police Shut Event Down Early
- Crime2022.11.25Man Opens Fire on Margate Police, Faces Charges of Attempted Murder
- Crime2022.11.25Police Search For Missing Margate Child
- Coconut Creek2022.11.22Spitfire Farm Hosts ‘Thanksgiving Break’ Equestrian Camp in Coconut Creek