By David Volz
The Margate Youth Basketball League is seeking volunteer coaches to teach fundamental basketball skills for a co-ed recreational program catering to players aged 5 to 16.
According to Benjamin Trapani, assistant director of parks and recreation, new and experienced coaches will receive extensive training, support, study materials, and the opportunity to attend clinics. They will work with young people and help them improve basic skills such as dribbling, passing, shooting, and team play.
All coaches must complete a volunteer program application and level 1 background check. The coaches will work with young people and help them improve basic skills such as dribbling, passing, shooting, and team play. For more information, go to email@example.com
Registration for players is closed, but people can sign up for a waiting list at margatefl.com/registration. If a space opens, individuals on the waiting list will be contacted.
Player evaluations for ages 5 to 7 take place on Monday, January 8; ages 8-10, Tuesday, January 9; ages 11-13, Wednesday, January 10; ages 14-16, January 11.
A single-elimination tournament follows nine regular season games. All games and practices will take place at Firefighters Park, 2500 Rock Island Road.
- David Volz has worked as a writer in South Florida for 35 years. He has written for the Sun-Sentinel, Hollywood Gazette, School Transportation News, South Dade News Leaders, Observer among others. He has an MA in Communications from Florida Atlantic University and a BA in Communications from Valparaiso University. Volz teaches Communications at Miami Dade College and Palm Beach State College. He lives in Coral Springs and enjoys running and participating in 5Ks and half-marathons.
- NewsFebruary 23, 2024Margate Matriarch Honored For Over Half a Century of Community and Family
- NewsFebruary 9, 2024Margate’s Calypso Cove and Firefighters Park Set for Exciting Upgrades
- NewsFebruary 9, 2024Margate Honors Philanthropist for $200K Donation of Palm Trees to Beautify City Spaces
- NewsFebruary 7, 2024Margate Welcomes the Pickleball Trend, Offering Lessons with Renowned Coaches